Great! We’ll add that task to your Action Plan.
First, please take our two minute survey. This will enable us to fully personalize your plan.
Your answers are secure and we’ll never sell or share your data.
Click below to get started.Get My Action Plan No Thanks
Organize your loved one's important documents.FINANCE
What You Should Know
Securing important documents may not seem urgent, but it will one day. Now is the best time to get a handle on your loved one's deeds, insurance policies, pink slips and the like.
Make a project of locating and filing these documents with your loved one. You can scan or photograph them and store them online so everyone has access. Everplans is a fee-based website devoted to records storage. Dropbox and Evernote both offer free online storage and Karen will soon be offering this feature, so check back soon.
Steps To Take
- Find wills, trusts, and insurance documents.
- Secure online accounts and passwords (banks, cable, etc.).
- Get access to household accounts (mortgage, vendors, bills, etc.)
- Collect all health & medical info.
- Locate or establish advance directives and DNRs.
- Determine your loved one’s final wishes and funeral plans.